It’s time to clean house! Why not make it a joyous event by using house cleaning secrets that very few people know?
If you dread house cleaning, there could be a good reason for it. It could be that you don’t want to put your body through another traumatic experience or be poisoned with the chemicals used in conventional house cleaning practices. Or it could just be, well, that cleaning isn’t always fun.
What you need are house cleaning secrets that will put your body and mind back on the track of health. It doesn’t have to be hard!
Your First 3 House Cleaning Secrets That Set the Pace for Your Day of Cleaning
1. The first thing to do is to get out your aromatherapy essential oils and diffusers. Set these up in the house in strategic places – the kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. Select an essential oil that energizes you while purging the whole house of bacteria, viruses and fungi in the air such as lemon essential oil, cinnamon essential oil, pine essential oil, or oregano essential oil.
2. If you don’t have a diffuser or essential oils, it’s no problem. These are an investment initially but you can go to Plan B, herbs in bulk. Purchase a pound of chaparral herb in powder form from your health food store or a bulk herb shop such as www.Starwest-Botanicals.com Get out a big soup pot, fill it up with water, and add one tablespoon of the chaparral to it. Turn the burner on low and in about 30 minutes your house will start smelling like a desert after a spring rain. Chaparral purifies the air better than just about anything else. In fact, even if you had heavy cigarette smoke pollution, the room will be totally deodorized in less than an hour.
3. Next on your list is to clean your washing machine. This is one place in the house that many housecleaners never touch. Start the washing machine cycle and use 3 in 1 Laundry Detergent – but add only rags or towels and don’t fill it up completely.
6 House Cleaning Secrets on What To Use in the Bathroom
1. As you know, horrible and disgusting odors can emanate from your bathroom. All-purpose cleaners with natural fragrances added to them are the best choice. They will clean up your messes with ease and fill your home with a great scent! Choose from Red Pear with Magnolia, Tangerine with Lemongrass, or Thyme with Fig Leaf.
2. A mix of vinegar and water does a great job at removing built up grime. In a small bowl, add two cups water with ½ cup vinegar. Then soak a sponge in it and scrub away at those areas.
3. Instead of chlorine in the toilet bowl, try a series of cleansing methods. First start with a borax solution – 2 tablespoons borax in 2 cups water and scrub away. Flush a few times. Then try 2 tablespoons baking soda in 2 cups water and scrub again. Flush a few times and do it again. Then follow up with lemon juice. Now your bowl will absolutely shine.
4. Add 10 drops of tea tree oil to your sudsy water and sponge over your countertops as a final rinse. The anti-microbial power of tea tree oil will remain on the surfaces and kill those nasty bugs for days.
5. The porcelain sinks will easily clean up if you sprinkle baking soda on a wet sponge and start scrubbing.\
6. Don’t forget to clean your shower curtain if you don’t have a shower door. Washing it in the washing machine with baking soda (1/2 cup) and ½ cup vinegar in the water is all you need to remove scum and mold. Add 6 drops essential oil in the final rinse as well.
10 House Cleaning Secrets for the Kitchen
1. Did you know that grapefruit seed extract is a powerful disinfectant. Add 30 drops of this extract to a quart of water and clean surfaces in the kitchen.
2. Hydrogen peroxide is widely available, even at the dollar stores. It kills Salmonella, E. coli, Shigella and Staph bacteria. You can buy it in spray bottles from drug stores. Spray it on the counters, then let dry.
3. Have you heard of neem oil? Add about 6 drops to a liquid soap solution, such as peppermint castile soap. Shake and use as usual on countertops and stovetop.
4. After cleaning all the countertops, make up a spray bottle solution of water, a few tablespoons vinegar, 1 teaspoon liquid soap, and 25 drops tea tree oil. Spray this on the countertops and let it dry. You’ll kill E. coli, Shigella, Salmonella, and Staph bacteria dead in seconds.
5. Use a liquid soap to make up a solution to clean the wooden cabinets. Add 20 drops of orange oil and 10 drops of bergamot oil. Then scrub down the cabinets. You’ll be amazed at the refreshing power of this combination.
6. Use any of the above methods – hydrogen peroxide, grapefruit seed extract, orange oil, or tea tree oil to also clean the light switches and the handles and doors of the refrigerator.
7. When cleaning the stove, use the dishwasher to clean the removable parts of the stove such as the burners. Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the oven floor and door. Spray water on top so it’s damp and will get to work. Come back to it a few hours later and see how much dirt and grime you removed. Repeat as necessary.
8. Clean the kitchen floor with a 50/50 combination of hot water and white vinegar. This does wonders for cleaning and deodorizing.
9. To deodorize your kitchen sink, first clean it thoroughly with a liquid soap and a scrubber sponge. Rinse and then fill up the sink with water. Add 2 cups vinegar. Let it set for three hours. Then rinse.
10. Another way to deodorize your kitchen sink is with lemon juice. Add 3 tablespoons lemon juice to the sink filled with water. Let it sit for three hours. Then rinse.
6 House Cleaning Secrets for the Living Room
1. Making your own furniture polish is easy. Mix 2 ounces jojoba oil and 3 ounces olive oil with ¼ cup lemon juice and pour into a spray bottle. Shake before using.
2. To clean the living room fast, first remove any dishes or trash. Next put away any toys, socks, shoes, opened or unopened mail, etc. Then clean picture frames and mirrors, progress to all furniture. Then vacuum.
3. For a mirror cleaner, vinegar and water in a 50/50 combination works well to cut grime and dirt.
4. For pet stains on the carpet, use natural enzymatic cleaners that are sprayed onto the carpet. Let soak for a few hours, and then clean with regular natural carpet cleaner solution.
5. White carpets can stay clean! Use a 75% hydrogen peroxide / 25% water solution and scrub. It won’t take long to come clean.
6. When you steam clean your carpets, add 5-6 drops essential oil to the rinse water or add directly in with the soap. This will boost your cleaning and deodorizing power dramatically.
These 25 house cleaning secrets are all you need to get started. To make house cleaning a pleasurable experience, the biggest factor is the cleaning agents you choose.
For more information about great natural and go-green cleansing products, go to www.grabgreenhome.com
Read More »